After the fun of Christmas is over, many of us are left with a hefty bill or a ton of guilt in the New Year. It can be hard to avoid over spending in the festive season, but saving in the run up will help soften the blow for the rest of your summer.
Here are six money saving tips from Acorns to help you this Christmas:
- Make a list and check it twice – start budgeting early! ASIC believe that only 57% of Australians set a Xmas budget, and then only 4 in 5 stick to it.
- Automate those Christmas savings with a Recurring Deposit function offered by Acorns
- Try and avoid paying for Xmas fun on credit, you will thank yourself when you start 2017 free from holiday debt
- Plan and prepare your purchases– prices are always jacked up in December!
- Consider starting some cheaper Christmas traditions – picnics in the park over fancy lunches, Secret Santa over individual presents for every family member etc.
- Look for Christmas deals and hacks – keep a special eye out for Acorns Found Money Christmas promotion launching in December to boost your savings when finding the perfect Christmas gift.