Let us help you buy your first home!
Buying your first home should be an exciting experience. At Tiffen & Co our team of brokers and personal assistants have the knowledge and experience to ensure your first experience is a pain-free and error-free one.
Recently, there have been many changes to the government funded first home owner benefits. The benefits are state and territory specific so your solicitor will advise you on what you are entitled to and how you can claim these benefits.
Tiffen & Co recommends to all our clients that a solicitor should act on your behalf in every property conveyance. We are happy to recommend a number of suitably qualified solicitors in Canberra if you need one.
We also recommend you engage a suitably qualified inspector to undertake a building, pest and compliance report. This report should be provided to your solicitor for review.
When considering your first property purchase you should consider the following:
– How much can I afford to set aside for my mortgage repayment?
– What will my repayment be?
– How much money do I have for my deposit?
– How much will my stamp duty be?
– What will my other costs be?
– Do I need to set aside money for mortgage insurance?
– Do I qualify for the First Home Owners Grant?
– Are my current circumstances likely to change soon?
You may not know all the answers to these questions, but our team of brokers and personal assistants will.
Call our office to make an appointment on (02) 6260 7880.